Erection of Library in 1890s

Biemesderfer 1890s.jpg

Growth of the Normal School in the late 1800s led to the erection of new buildings since Old Main was being stretched beyond capacity. One of the buildings was a new Library. this led to the hiring of the first professional librarian on campus, Miss McCrory. The library building was opened for usage in 1895.