A History of Campus Organizations & Greek Life at Millersville

Since the first campus organization, the Page Literary Society, was chartered shortly after the Normal School’s founding in 1855, Millersville has been home to hundreds of clubs and organizations seeking to improve the community through service, friendship, and academic and professional excellence. As the school evolved, so did the students and culture that encompassed the daily lives of the campus community. Ranging from academic societies to leisure clubs and even social fraternities and sororities, each club and organization at Millersville University has contributed in some way to maintaining and changing overarching culture and values of students and staff throughout the decades. This exhibit gives a brief history of the majority of these organizations, as well as their activities, values, notable accomplishents, and impact on the campus and surrounding community.

Credits

Morgan Huber