Page and Normal Libraries

Old Main Postcard

The original libraries were founded by the schools two literary societies and were located in Old Main. In 1857 both societies recognized the need for the students to have access to library materials and after much discussion the members of each society agreed to donate books for the foundation of the libraries. The trustees of the school gave early support to their effort and their libraries were established.